Thursday, April 16, 2009

It turned out...

perfect. After I took the cake from the oven and wrote my previous blog, I went to the gym. I brought a book I had yet to start reading for class. It turned out to be really interesting. It is called A New Life by Bernard Malamud (he was a professor at OSU decades ago and wrote a fictionalized novel about his time here). I was so engrossed in my book while I was on the elliptical that I didn't even notice how profusely I was sweating by the end of my workout.

I came back from my awesome workout at the gym around 11pm, totally starved. I decided to have some real food because I had the points for it. I put a little bit of turkey, cheese, and lettuce in a tortilla and made a burrito-ish sort of thing. Delicious. I took a nice hot shower and tossed my clothes in the washing machine. It was cake time.

I was still a little worried about how it would turn out, but once I got it out of the pan I could tell it would be OK at the least. So, I cut myself a slice and put some chocolate cool whip (cool whip + cocoa powder) on it, and then sliced some strawberries and put that on it too. About 4 points for all of it. It turned out so good! It was definitely worth the wait all day for it. I don't want to sound cheesy, but I think it tasted better because I worked so hard for it. I told myself that I couldn't have any until I finished my reading for the night and went to the gym.

On another note, I have made it to the gym every day this week so far and am going tomorrow and on Friday morning. I probably won't make it on Saturday because I'm sure I'll be in Eugene, but maybe Trevor and I can go for a bike ride or something so I can get some activity in. I am feeling really good about this weight loss thing now. I have been doing really well tracking my points and getting to the gym lately. It was so nice to see the scale show a smaller number again even though it was less than a pound; its been quite a while since the last time it has.

No comments: